RESIDENTIAL CONSTRUCTION ACADEMY: BASIC PRINCIPLES FOR CONSTRUCTION, 3E includes a full color design with new and updated photos and figures. Coverage of building codes and safe materials handling ensures that the reader will stay current with industry standards and trends. In addition, a new chapter on green building practices will introduce readers to jobsite practices while they plan and execute. This book is ideal for those beginning a career in the building trades industry and provides thorough, up-to-date coverage of the core academic areas that are necessary for success in the field. Topics include work ethic, math, communications, print reading, safety, and common tools.
- Contains comprehensive coverage of a solid range of topics that makes this a must have guide for your students beginning in the industry.
- Contains detailed color photos and illustrations throughout the book that highlight important concepts and familiarize first-timers with the latest equipment and procedures.
- Includes coverage of basic math concepts and work ethic guidelines that teach your students material that is often overlooked in traditional building trades books.
- Includes end–of-chapter activities and review questions that engage your students and encourage them to apply key principles.
- Offers the very latest information on the industry’s hottest topics, including a new chapter on green building that introduces green building principles and jobsite practices.
- Clearly illustrated and up-to-date, the text is highlighted with new full color photos and illustrations that focus on the most current equipment, tools, and procedures.
- New end-of-chapter summaries better facilitate comprehension and provide a "built-in study guide" highlighting key points from the chapter.