Milady Standard Nail Technology, 7th Edition is packed with new and updated information on several important topics including infection control, manicuring, pedicuring, chemistry, UV and LED gels, and the salon business. Brand new procedural photography enhances step-by-step instructions for the student. Also included, is a new “Why Study?” section at the beginning of each chapter, outlining the importance of understanding the concepts presented. Chapter objectives have also been revised to provide students and instructors with measureable, outcomes-based goals that can later be assessed using the end-of-chapter review questions. This latest edition of Milady Standard Nail Technologygives the aspiring nail technician the tools they need to pass their licensure exam and to launch themselves into a rewarding and successful career.
New to this Edition
- New and updated information on infection control, product chemistry, manicuring, pedicuring, monomer liquid and polymer powder nail enhancements, and UV and LED gels.
- Increased coverage of business skills includes information on opening your own salon, franchise ownership, operations, laws, regulations and much more.
- Detailed information on preventing dust and chemical fume inhalation overexposure, source capture ventilation systems, and use of N-95 dust masks.
- All-new, full-color photographs, including photos of nail and skin disorders and diseases and procedural photographs showing gloved hands.
- Topics required for state licensing exams are presented in a complete and easy-to-read manner.
- Accurate and up-to date information on infection control provides greater protection for nail professionals and nail salon clients.
- Additional learning elements including Focus Points, Safety Cautions, Tips, Regulatory Agency Alerts, Business Tips, Application Tips, Service Tips, and Web Resources provide valuable information.
- A total of 36 procedures are included, each with step-by-step instructions and full-color photos