Now in its 8th edition, MATHEMATICS FOR PLUMBERS AND PIPEFITTERS delivers the essential math skills necessary in the plumbing and pipefitting professions. Starting with a thorough math review to ensure a solid foundation, the book progresses into specific on-the-job applications, such as pipe length calculations, sheet metal work, and the builder’s level.Broad-based subjects like physics, volume, pressures, and capacities round out your knowledge, while a new chapter on the business of plumbing invites you to consider an exciting entrepreneurial venture. Written by a Master Plumber and experienced vocational educator, MATHEMATICS FOR PLUMBERS AND PIPEFITTERS, 8th Edition includes a multitude of real-world examples, reference tables, and formulas to help you build a rewarding career in the plumbing and pipefitting trade.
- Specifically Focused: A veteran Master Plumber wrote MATHEMATICS FOR PLUMBERS AND PIPEFITTERS, 8th Edition to deliver the job-specific math skills plumbers and pipefitters must have today.
- Practical Skills: An essential resource for anyone working in or training for the trade, MATHEMATICS FOR PLUMBERS AND PIPEFITTERS, 8th Edition minimizes the amount of theory covered and emphasizes real-world application.
- Timely Updates: Changes throughout the Pipe Length Calculations section clarify the process and help students develop the most relevant quantitative skills, while equipment and building code updates detail the latest information in those areas.
- Web-Based References: These are incorporated into the section on The Business of Plumbing and include references to web sites in order to give students hands-on opportunities to explore the Internet and expand their knowledge.
- New Business Section: Readers can develop confidence with this all-new chapter on starting and maintaining a successful plumbing business, complete with real-world illustrations and references.
- Entrepreneurial Advice: The 8th Edition of Mathematics for Plumbers and Pipefitters shows readers how to build a profitable business and avoid pitfalls while operating their own plumbing or pipefitting enterprise.