Focusing exclusively on residential work, ESTIMATING FOR RESIDENTIAL CONSTRUCTION, 2E provides a very visual, reader-friendly introduction to processes as it details the steps involved in accurately preparing a cost estimate. Packed with examples, the book clearly explains how to price excavation and site work, concrete, carpentry, masonry, plumbing, heating, and electrical work, as well as the general expenses and sub-trade work. It also covers the impact of green building practices and effective estimating "shortcuts".
- Ensures readers are equipped with the skills and knowledge they need for success as accurate and efficient residential construction estimators.
- Modern approach to estimating includes the use of computers; ensuring readers keep pace with industry standards.
- Thorough coverage explains how to prepare bid forms and deal with alternate prices, allowances, and bid security, while detailed examples illustrate how estimating work is compiled.
- Numerous illustrations and examples, and a sample set of house plans are used as an example throughout to highlight key estimating concepts.
- A list of conversions and equations used in estimating is included in the appendices as a helpful, quick-reference resource for students.