Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Technology, 6th Edition, a time-honored best seller, has been updated and revised to provide superior hands-on information needed to successfully maintain and troubleshoot today’s complex heating, air conditioning, and refrigeration systems. The new sixth edition contains units updated to include advances or changes in technology, procedures, and or equipment. Over 250 new images have been added to emphasize the practical application approach to the book. It fosters a solid foundation and understanding of environmental problems and their solutions, and displays a depth and detail of theory, diagnostics, and repair procedures that make this a fitting book for basic HVAC-R education as well as upgrading and certification training for technicians in the field.
- Federal Mandate 13 Season Energy Efficiency Ratio (SEER) is covered in detail in designated chapters throughout the book.
- Actual technician service calls are featured, giving chapters a real-world quality that puts readers in "service mode."
- New section on the Green Awareness movement and global warming includes key organizations and their present and future goals on how to accomplish green buildings and green mechanical rooms throughout the USA.
- Updated information on technician certification and key organizations supporting either voluntary or mandatory technician certification.
- Section on Career Opportunity has been expanded to include a comprehensive list of career opportunities available in the HVACR field.