Important Note: Principles of Real Estate Practice in North Carolina is not currently approved by the North Carolina Real Estate Commission for use in schools for fulfilling the prelicense requirement. It can be effectively used as a license exam prep resource.
Principles of Real Estate Practice in North Carolina contains the essentials of the national and North Carolina real estate law, principles, and practices necessary for basic competence as a real estate professional and to pass North Carolina's PSI real estate exam. It is based on our highly successful and popular national publication, Principles of Real Estate Practice, which is in use in real estate schools nationwide.
The text is tailored to the needs of the pre-license student. It is designed to
- make it easy for students to learn the material and pass their real estate exam
- prepare students for numerous career applications
- stress practical, rather than theoretical, skills and knowledge.
Principles of Real Estate Practice in North Carolina is streamlined, direct and to-the-point. It includes multiple learning reinforcements. It has a student-oriented organization, both within each chapter and from chapter to chapter. Its examples and exercises are grounded in the authors’ many years in real estate education.
Table of Contents
- The Real Estate Business
- Rights in Real Estate
- Interests and Estates
- Encumbrances and Liens
- Transferring and Recording Title to Real Estate
- Real Estate Leases
- Land Use Planning and Control
- Legal Descriptions
- Real Estate Contract Law
- Listing Agreements
- The Brokerage Business
- Contracts for the Sale of Real Estate
- Real Estate Market Economics
- Appraising and Estimating Market Value
- Real Estate Finance
- Real Estate Investment
- Real Estate Taxation
- Ethics: Laws and Practices
- Real Estate Licensing and Regulation
- Risk Management
- Property Management
- North Carolina License Regulation
- North Carolina Requirements
- North Carolina License Status, Violations, & Discipline
- North Carolina Agency Relationships & Disclosure
- North Carolina Brokerage Practice Regulation
- North Carolina Sales Contracts
- North Carolina Property Management
- Other North Carolina Laws & Practices
- Real Estate Mathematics and Formulas
- Glossary of Residential Style and Construction Terms
- Glossary of General Real Estate Terms
For North Carolina students looking for a shorter book to complement Principles of Real Estate Practice in North Carolina, we have North Carolina Real Estate License Exam Prep which is also available on the PSI Online Store.