With practical, hands-on knowledge of the real-world issues that face plumbing professionals, Plumbing 201, 5E presents the second installment in our four-part plumbing training series. This resource was developed in partnership with the PHCC Educational Foundation Plumbing Apprentice and Journeyman Training Committee. A team of subject matter experts including contractors, teachers and code experts developed the curriculum to provide an industry-oriented approach. Writers with a background in the trade and teaching produced the content. Plumbing 201, 5E builds upon the fundamentals covered in Plumbing 101, 5E. This product offers an introduction to piping materials, sources, distribution for potable water, water pipe sizing, cross-connection protection, and water heaters. Coverage then progresses to sewage disposal, drainage fixture units, building drains, and stacks. The revised 5th edition features all-new code and safety sidebars to emphasize key code and safety information throughout the book. Using a clear, straightforward writing style and realistic examples that encourage readers to apply what they learn, this book is a proven resource for anyone entering or working in the plumbing industry. Check out our app, DEWALT® Mobile Pro™. This free app is a construction calculator with integrated reference materials and access to hundreds of additional calculations as add-ons. To learn more, visit dewalt.com/mobilepro.
- Full-color illustrations provide detailed visualizations of key concepts
- Up-to-date codes ensure that readers are learning the most current practices, methods, and tools used in the field today
- Comprehensive plumbing code definitions are based on the National Standard Plumbing Code (NSPC) so that readers learn definitions that are consistent with industry standards
- Organized according to the US Department of Labor Standards, this book meets the qualifying standards for the classroom portion of apprentice programs recognized by the USDOL
- Appendix on welding theory provides additional information for those readers looking to advance their trade skills
- Installation practices for plastic pipes and fittings are also highlighted, rounding out the book’s fundamental coverage