Demystify and accurately interpret the National Electrical Code®! Master all sections of the 2011 National Electrical Code® (NEC®) with the accurate, thorough coverage found only in Surbrook/Althouse’s INTERPRETING THE NATIONAL ELECTRICAL CODE®, 9E. This easy-to-understand, trusted text explains all sections of the National Electrical Code® using meaningful examples and illustrations that you can readily understand, with valuable insights into all articles of the Code®. Special sections highlight the most important changes from the last version of the Code®, allowing readers to navigate easily through the new 2011 NEC® requirements. The authors explain each article in detail with thorough discussions, practical examples that illustrate how the Code® is applied, and sample Code® calculations taken from actual field applications. In addition, the authors integrate essential wiring information not directly addressed in the NEC®, but extremely useful to electricians on the job. This is a comprehensive, trusted resource you will reference time and time again throughout your career.
- The authors emphasize the most recent NEC® changes as well as their significance to promote understanding of how the Code® is both interpreted and applied in specific field situations.
- The book’s proven methods help your students better understand Code® requirements for performing electrical calculations by emphasizing the common calculations a professional typically encounters in everyday wiring.
- Dynamic illustrations in this edition provide numerous references to Code® sections to guide your students to efficiently find information throughout the Code®. The illustrations further help your students gain an understanding of a typical application of a particular Code® section.
- This edition offers two sets of practical questions and problems: Beginning Worksheets for journey electrician level and those studying for the journey electrician exam; and Advanced Worksheets for the master electrician level and students preparing for that exam.
- This edition continues to provide a wealth of useful, efficient electronic Instructor Resources, including an Instructor’s Manual with detailed lesson plans and Code® references, PowerPoint® slides to bring your lectures to life, a complete Image Gallery to assist in visually clarifying concepts, and a comprehensive, trusted Computerized Test Bank to assess student understanding.
- The authors apply their first-hand abilities as educators and professional electricians to interpret NEC® content and the changes in the 2011 NEC®.
- A special section clearly outlines changes from the last edition of the NEC® to speed your students’ understanding of the new requirements. This section eliminates the need for a separate reference on Code® changes.
- This design and presentation help capture your students’ interest and further clarify the text’s helpful illustrations and thorough written explanations.