Offering the most up-to-date coverage available, ELECTRICITY AND CONTROLS FOR HVAC-R, 7e emphasizes the basics as it equips readers with the information needed to work effectively with all types of motors and control devices found in the heating and air-conditioning industry. Extremely reader friendly, the text reflects the current National Electrical Code® and requires no prior knowledge of electricity. It begins with discussions of essential basic electricity and electrical circuits concepts, while detailed schematic diagrams and step-by-step troubleshooting procedures highlight all of the different types of circuits commonly encountered in the HVAC-R field. The Seventh Edition is packed with vibrant photos, engaging illustrations, and coverage of the latest technology and developments from the field.
- Coverage of atomic structure reflects the most accepted theories concerning the structure of atoms.
- Offering valuable insight for real-world practice, the unit on troubleshooting includes an example of a step-by-step procedure for determining the problems with a central air conditioning system.
- Comprehensive coverage of electric motors includes three-phase motors, squirrel cage induction motors, wound rotor motors, synchronous motors, and more.
- Circuits commonly encountered in the field are explained in a practical, non-mathematical manner.
- Units on programmable logic controllers (PLCs) and programming PLCs remain current with industry practices.