Delivering the very latest in industry standards and procedures, longtime market leader ELECTRICAL WIRING RESIDENTIAL, 18e continues to provide comprehensive, authoritative coverage that fully implements the 2014 National Electrical Code®. The book's signature three-part organization thoroughly covers Code, Electrical Knowledge, and Applications. Extremely reader friendly, it offers detailed--but not overly technical--explanations as it guides you step by step through the critical tasks and responsibilities that face today's professional residential electricians in both new construction and existing homes. Vivid Illustrations are fully coordinated with the latest NEC® regulations and provide further clarity. In addition, foldout plans at the back of the book give you hands-on practice applying Code requirements.
- An entire chapter is devoted to solar photovoltaic systems.
- Expansive coverage on safety in the workplace from the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) encourages students to consider safety on an ongoing basis.
- Practical, real-world examples throughout reinforce key calculations and concepts.
- The text uses both metric and English measurements to appeal to students of all learning backgrounds.
- A Code Cross-Index enables students to easily reference specific content and Code requirements.
- Reflecting the latest changes and developments from the field, ELECTRICAL WIRING RESIDENTIAL, 18e has been revised and updated to comply with the 2014 National Electrical Code®.
- New and updated photographs, diagrams, and illustrations are coordinated with the latest NEC® regulations and add clarity to explanations of critical concepts.
- Continuing the text's emphasis on green technology, the 18th Edition offers new coverage of EV residential stations.
- The chapter on solar panels has been thoroughly updated to include the most recent industry practices and developments.
- Helping you and your students maximize classroom success, the rich supplement package includes a print IML, print Lab Manual, Instructor Resource CD, SSO instructor site, and CourseMate. Instructor material includes insightful PowerPoint slides, a comprehensive Computerized Test Bank, an image gallery, video clips, answers to the Lab Manual, as well as pdfs of the IML.