This user-friendly, practical guide provides a thorough and effective introduction to the essentials of electrical grounding and bonding. Written in accordance with the 2014 National Electrical Code®, ELECTRICAL GROUNDING AND BONDING, Fourth Edition, features complete, up-to-date coverage of Article 250 requirements. The text's detailed explanations, real-world examples, and vibrant, full-color illustrations help readers master and apply key electrical concepts such as calculating conductor sizes, reading and interpreting NEC® tables, using grounded conductor connections in DC and AC systems, managing installations and sizing, and applying "green" practices for energy efficiency and environmental sustainability. Ideal for both self-study and formal training, this proven guide is a must-have resource for career success.
- Drawing on his extensive experience as an electrician, educator, and consultant, the author provides engaging explanations, realistic examples, and step-by-step instructions to help readers understand, apply, and master the essentials of electrical grounding and bonding.
- The text features complete coverage of essential grounding and bonding topics, including calculating conductor sizes, reading and interpreting NEC® tables, using grounded conductor connections in DC and AC systems, and managing installations and sizing.
- In addition to current regulations and requirements, the text features information on important industry trends and practices, including methods and materials designed to promote energy efficiency and environmental sustainability.
- This versatile text is equally suited for use in a formal degree program, in professional training such as IEC and NJATC courses, or as a self-guided resource for current and aspiring electricians.
- Special features are included throughout the text to enhance teaching and learning, including objectives and review questions related to chapter material, and detailed, full-color photos and illustrations to help bring key concepts and processes to life for readers
- Now revised to reflect the 2014 National Electrical Code®, the Fourth Edition of this trusted text includes accurate, up-to-date coverage of Article 250 requirements, providing reliable, current information for professional success.
- Chapter contents and illustrations have been updated wherever appropriate in light of changes to the 2014 edition of the National Electrical Code, equipping readers to apply what they learn more readily and successfully in a professional setting.
- The author has added new material to round out coverage of essential electrical grounding and bonding topics, while new illustrations add visual appeal to make the text more reader-friendly and effective.
- An updated, enhanced Instructor's Guide reflects content and visual changes to the Fourth Edition, enabling more efficient and effective lesson planning, classroom activities, assignments, discussions, and assessment.
- New lecture slides are available to complement the text and Instructor's Guide, providing a convenient, ready-to-use resource for classroom instruction or presentations in a professional setting.
Intro (PDF 5MB)
Chapter 2 (PDF (7MB)