This hands-on, reader-friendly guide provides comprehensive, up-to-date coverage of welding symbols and their application to welding prints and practices. BLUEPRINT READING FOR WELDERS, Ninth Edition, uses step-by-step instructions and detailed illustrations to help you gain the knowledge and skills you need to interpret a wide range of working documents, from simple sketches to the most complex blueprints. The text covers auxiliary views, detail views, projections, sections, and detail and assembly drawings. Now updated and expanded, the new Ninth Edition features the latest AWS symbols and terms along with the ISO welding symbols,, current specifications and dimensioning practices, relevant industry developments, and cutting-edge information to support your professional success in this dynamic field.
- A reader-friendly presentation, step-by-step instructions, and detailed illustrations help make even difficult concepts easier to grasp, enabling readers to build confidence and mastery quickly.
- This comprehensive guide includes thorough coverage of essential welding symbols from both the American Welding Society (AWS) and International Organization for Standardization (ISO), as well as current AWS terms, specifications, and dimensioning practices.
- With a highly practical, hands-on focus, the text explores the use of welding symbols in a wide variety of professional documents, including auxiliary views, detail views, projections, sections, and detail and assembly drawings.
- A series of appendices provide a wealth of useful reference information, including structural metal shapes, a table of weld symbols, and tools for conversion between decimals and fractions and U.S. and metric measurements.
- The Ninth Edition features updated welding terminology drawn from the American Welding Society (AWS) A3.0-2010 Standard Welding Terms and Definitions, enabling active and aspiring professionals to gain valuable experience with current industry terminology.
- Content related to welding symbols has been carefully updated to reflect the latest changes enacted through the AWS A2.4-2012 Standard Symbols for Welding Brazing, and Nondestructive Examination.
- The authors have revised content throughout the book to make drawings even easier to interpret and encourage confident understanding of even complex topics.
- Every Unit Review assignment has been updated and enhanced to help readers better assess their understanding, practice applying their skills, and identify any areas where reinforcement may be needed.
- Extensive revisions to the Instructor’s Manual make it even easier to structure courses, plan and deliver lessons, and prepare and grade assignments based on the current edition of the text.
Sample Chapter (PDF)