With an emphasis on design and installation for optimum performance, the 2015 INTERNATIONAL PLUMBING CODE® SOFT COVER sets forth established requirements for plumbing systems. This important reference guide includes provisions for fixtures, piping, fittings, and devices, as well as design and installation methods for water supply, sanitary drainage, and storm drainage. The 2015 edition of the code includes information on public toilet facilities, as well as water temperature limiting devices, and replacement water heater installation. Using both prescriptive- and performance-related specifications, this code provides comprehensive minimum regulations for a variety of plumbing facilities, facilitating the design and acceptance of new and innovative products, materials, and systems.
- Code Alert! Purchase of the code includes free signup for a subscription to receive critical code updates and free access to videos, book excerpts and training resources.
- Fixtures such as water closets and urinals that utilize nonpotable water must be identified with words and a symbol that nonpotable water is being used.
- The color purple is established for identifying distribution piping conveying nonpotable water.
- The application of a primer to drain, waste and vent PVC pipe and fittings prior to solvent cementing is not required for 4-inch pipe size and smaller.
- Establishes provisions that adequately protect public health, safety, and welfare.
- Produced by the International Code Council, a membership organization that develops the codes used to construct residential and commercial buildings.