A unique, practical approach to self-study, the 2009 INTERNATIONAL ENERGY CONSERVATION CODE® STUDY COMPANION will provide readers with the resources they need to develop a strong working knowledge of the code and then effectively apply it. With real-world learning exercises, quizzes, commentaries, code excerpts, and illustrations, it is designed to highlight the code’s key concepts and encourage critical thinking. The end result is a valuable, comprehensive self-study guide that will benefit anyone seeking a foundational knowledge in the industry’s latest "green" trends.
- Bonus CD contains helpful resources, including excerpts from code references, historical background on code changes, informative articles from the ICC’s Building Safety Journal, internet links to many useful tools, and much more
- establishes performance-based provisions that adequately protect public health, safety, and welfare
- available in both soft cover and loose-leaf formats, allowing readers to use it as a standalone resource or to incorporate it into other code reference material
- produced by the International Code Council, a membership organization that develops the codes used to construct residential and commercial buildings
- Showcases need-to-know information with learning objectives for each study session
- Allows immediate reinforcement through quizzes and an accompanying answer key that lists the correct response and references for additional information